Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

10.29.2014

Blogger Recognition Award - Celebrate Bloggers!

Updated 5/26/16
As it has been over a year now since I first published this, I've cleaned the writing up a bit and updated the guidelines! :)

Blogging has changed our world. Like the Internet as a whole, it's changed the way we communicate, exchange information, and simply how we spend our time. People from all walks of life can create a blog and work their way into having a dedicated readership, or just experiment with the freedom it gives. Talented minds, famous names, ordinary people - every single one of us has the chance to be heard. To be part of a global community. This is the blogosphere, the blogging world, and each individual blogger helps to make it what it is.

So, why not celebrate this wonderful thing? Not just blogging; but celebrate the bloggers themselves. The folks who share with us their talents and interests, their photography and stories and art, their views and opinions; the people who come here to vent their frustrations with life, and the people who want to make us laugh and smile. Because without them, this diverse, free, and fun thing wouldn't be possible.


Now, how shall we celebrate? With an award, of course! 







Now, there are plenty of other things like this out there. But, in my humble opinion at least, there can never be too many of them.

These little "awards" are a small gesture of goodwill that often have a big impact on the people who receive them. And when you go and say, "Hey! I've nominated you for so-and-so award! Congrats!" and give one of these simple little pictures to a fellow blogger, you've probably just made that person's day. You've inspired them to keep writing posts. You've given their confidence a little boost, and helped to make them feel that they are a part of this community. You've made them happy simply by being generous and showing your appreciation. There's nothing better than that.

So, if you think these awards are silly, or that they're just annoying chain letters (they essentially are chain letters, but with a good purpose), remember that they aid in keeping the spirits of bloggers high, and they can also help get them just a little bit more exposure. They're also great for establishing relationships between blogs and their authors. They do a surprising amount of good for the community.


But things tend to be so much sweeter, and they mean a lot more, when you earn them - if you are nominated for this award, or if you've not been tagged but want to give it a go anyway, below are the guidelines to follow:


  • Select 10-15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! This is the whole point! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate the person who has nominated you.
  • Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. 
    • Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above, or by creating your own).
  • Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
  • (Optional) Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. A link back here will allow those who were tagged to find the original guidelines if needed. It also allows me to find the posts that linked here so I can check them out! 

Note: You can decline the award if you don't feel up to doing the above, but remember - it'll taste that much sweeter if you do the work to earn it! :)

Below, in no specific order, are the first nominations. Have fun, be creative, and if you have any questions, be sure to ask them! 

----------------------

1. Adaline Gray, "AG In The Shire"
2. Rabea Schulte, "Rabea's Beauty Tipps"
3. Miharu, "MiharuJulie"
4. Cathy, "hello, Cathy"
8. Paranormal Blogger, "Paranormal Book Reviews"

11. Acacia, "Acacia Rachel"
12. Darcy, "a memory of us"
13. Georgia May, "TeenBookHoots"
14. Joshua Hideki, "Joshuahideki.com"
15. Meg Stewart, "Fashion and Beauty Talkz"

50 comments:

  1. Well snap-a-doodle-doo Eve. I can't... you just awarded me my first award. Thank you darling!!!!! This means the world to me!! =D
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe I'm so glad, Adi! You certainly deserve the recognition. Hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
    2. Why thank you!
      And I think the award maker herself deserves something; I've nominated you for a tag! ^-^
      http://www.agintheshire.blogspot.com/2014/10/famous-people-tag.html
      ~Adi

      Delete
    3. Hahah! Thank you so much. :) I appreciate it. I'll get to work on it ASAP!

      Delete
  2. oh, you are so so sweet to nominate me. unfortunately, I decided earlier in my blogging years not to do tags and instead focus my time on creating and producing, so I'm going to have to pass. :( But thank you so much for the nomination! I'm honored. ;) xoxo. --m

    p.s. thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog! you are completely awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's completely understandable, Marcia! Thank you for letting me know. Good for you for sticking to that! And no problem, you have a very lovely blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for nominating me. I cant wait to get started ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  4. (Not logged into my google account, so please excuse me having to use the other comment format!)

    Thank you so much for your tag! I *really* appreciate your commenting on my blog! You're the sweetest. :) I would love to have participated in the tag, but unfortunately I have far too much going on at the moment, and, like Marcia said, decided not to participate in tags shortly after I started blogging.

    Thanks anyway, though! I appreciate the tag. :)

    xxx Acacia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Acacia! :) I really enjoy your photography. Not a problem, and if you ever decide you would like to participate in the tag, the offer is always there!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so so much for nominating me Eve! <3<3<3
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, June! You have a wonderful blog, and your style of writing is very inspirational! Enjoy the award. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the nomination Eve!! I can't wait to do this tag this weekend hopefully! It's such a good idea! xx And you're right, it is definitely encouraging. So thanks again! <3

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, M! :D take your time, no rush. Can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
    2. Thanks again for the nomination Eve!! I did the tag yesterday so here's the link ;) http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/the-blogger-recognition-award.html

      Delete
  7. Thank for nominating me ♡♡♡

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the nomination for the award! You are right -- things like these make people's day!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! ^^ You're so welcome Darcy! Enjoy, and keep up the fabulous work on your outfits.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for nominating me! :*) Keep in touch!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for nominating me! I will be getting the post up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Looking forward to it. And you're welcome!

      Delete
  11. Hey! Can you come visit my blog Into It... Deep?? beingagodgirl.blogspot.com
    Heidi Anne<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Heidi! Sure, I would love to visit your blog. Checking it out now. :)

      Delete
  12. thanks again for nominating me! <3

    www.JoshuaHideki.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Joshua! Nice to see you again! :)

      Delete
  13. https://wordpress.com/post/93469463/75/

    Hi, I had been nominated by "Random reads" and told to post what I write originally to your blog. I'd recommend you to visit my blog too. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sakshi! Thank you so much for dropping by, and congrats on the nomination. ^^ I'd love to take a look at your blog. I can't seem to access the link you gave me, though - it takes me to a WordPress login screen. Believe I found it via your Google+ page, however! :)

      Delete
  14. https://readingnook84.wordpress.com/2015/08/22/ive-been-nominated-forthe-blogger-recognition-award/

    Cool award for bloggers! I was nominated by Don't Shush Me! and think its a great way to link to other bloggers out there. Put the link to my page too if you want to check it out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by, readingnook! :) I'm glad you like the idea. Looking back on this a few months later, I wish I had changed a few things (like the image, for example..), but a lot of bloggers seem to have gotten some good out of this, and I'm really happy to see that. As I said in the post itself, there are many other similar awards out there, but there can't be too many.

      I'm checking out your link now. Thank you! ^^

      Delete
  15. Thank you for the nomination! Here's my own post!

    http://milkywayofbooks.blogspot.gr/2015/08/blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your post with me, Alexandra! I'm taking a look now. :)

      Delete
  16. Curious to know, if there is a post to showcase who the winners are after nomination. I'd love to see the ones from the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I.Prosper! There are no winners past each set of nominations. (Most) blog awards work in this way; instead of eliminating some and coming out with one or two winners, the award is given to all nominees.

      For example: The 15 nominations I gave above each got the award. I went through my blog lists, picked them, and put their names down. Assuming they accepted the award, each nominee then made their own post saying they were nominated, and they provided a new list, from the blogs that they read, to pass on the award. This continues on and on.

      In short, every "nomination" has already won. Hope that makes sense for you. :)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  17. Lovely idea, thanks for thinking it up. I've been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, here is my post: https://kyrosmagica.wordpress.com/2015/09/02/blogger-recognition-award-and-advice-to-new-bloggers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your post, Marjorie! I'm taking a look at it now. :)

      Delete
  18. I was tagged by BooksaRica and you can find my post here: https://theyapage.wordpress.com/2015/09/10/the-blogger-recognition-award/
    Nice idea to create an award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by! :) I'm glad you like the idea. Checking out your post now!

      Delete
  19. Thank you Eve for creating this and was ecstatic when a blogger friend nominated me. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw of course, Sunesis! That's exactly why I wanted to make it. I'm so glad you were excited about receiving it - congratulations! :)

      Delete
  20. I've actually been nominated for this multiple times over a length of time, so I can see the mutation already! A couple of the people linked back to you, though, so I've modified it a bit to keep it as close to the original as possible. I love this award; thanks for creating it!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, it's to be expected lol! Thank you, though, Nikki! I appreciate that. :) You're very welcome, and congrats on being nominated. Happy to hear you like it! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. It´s an excellent idea!!
    Greetings from: decubeeyalgomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Lord Cubee! :) I'm happy to hear you think so! And thank you for following - I visited your link and tried to follow back via GFC, but it kept popping up an error message. Followed you on Google+, though!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I must say that a person nominate me, and it´s a great feeling know that someone recognise your work!

      Delete
    3. Yes, it sure is. Always nice to know that people are enjoying what you do. :) Congratulations on your nomination!

      Delete
  22. Thank you for creating this award. Through it, I just recognized the hard work of 12 bloggers whose work should be seen by the masses. Here's wishing you well.

    The nominations: https://ommtoday.weebly.com/blog/the-blogger-recognition-award

    Best Regards,
    Keith V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!