Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

12.19.2015

Sweater Weather Tag



Happy beautiful fall - er, nearly winter now - to all of you!

It's been a while since I've done a tag, and this one is from sweet ghost ryter over at anything, everything. She tagged me before I went on break for the Sweater Weather Tag, a fun little post with fall-related questions. Thanks, ghosty, and I'm sorry it took me a little while to get to it!

Let's get right into it, shall we?


Favorite candle scent?

Fall candle scents are.. interesting. I love the real things, but Pumpkin Spice (or pie), Apple Cider, Cinnamon, etc. are just not what I want my entire house to smell like. I love a good leafy smell, however, so I think I'd go with simply Autumn Leaves or a similar kind.

(I've heard Autumn Day from Bath & Body Works is an amazing one. Heard about it a while ago, though, so I'm afraid it might be discontinued by now.)

Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Can I pick all of them? I think I have to pick all of them.

Really though, I love coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. They each have unique tastes and fun memories associated with them. I don't think I could single one out!

What's your best fall memory?

You know what, it's a strange thing - I have many great, absolutely fantastic fall memories. But fall is one of the hardest seasons for me to remember. No idea why! I mean my memory is terrible anyway, but...

Anyway, there are a few that I've always been able to recall easily, for whatever reason. One of those is from a day that I was with my mom at a local park that is largely forest. We had made it there just in time for most of the leaves to be down, but not yet swept away or decaying. So the ground was just completely covered in a beautiful golden color. I remember being so amazed at the number of leaves - I was up to my ankles in them, at least.

(Unfortunately haven't had such perfect timing like that since!)

Best fragrance for fall?

Similar to my answer to the first question, anything leafy and/or airy!

Favorite Thanksgiving food?

Ooo.. Mashed potatoes, maybe. Delicious stuff. Especially when topped with a gravy of some kind.

Most worn sweater?

Uhh.. I love how this tag is called the sweater weather tag, and I can't answer the question about sweaters.

Football games or jumping in leaf piles?

Oh, most definitely jumping in leaf piles.

Skinny jeans or leggings?

Leggings. I don't wear either of them very often, but of the two I would most definitely pick leggings. I've come across a few pairs of stretchy jeans lately that aren't so bad, but I can't stand wearing something that is so stiff. And I just associate jeans with being stiff and uncomfortable.

Combat boots or Uggs?

*stares at the word "Uggs"* That word, man. I can't get over it.

Anyway. Combat boots.

Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?

In my opinion, yes! I lovvve pumpkin spice-flavored things. Pie, cider, coffee, shakes.. But it's turned into a thing. It's trendy. And that I don't like. I love pumpkin spice. But the craze has gotten out of hand - just like it has with bacon.

(*quietly starts assembling a protective wall after that bacon comment*).

Favorite fall movie?

I can't think of any fall-themed movies.. And there's nothing really that I watch specifically in the fall. Hm.. I'm sure there's something.

What do you want to be for Halloween?

I never knew the answer to this question until a week before the 31st. :) I certainly don't know it now.

Hats or scarves?

Both! Though scarves can be a pain in the butt, sometimes. I'd have to lean more towards hats.

What's your #1 favorite thing about fall?

Oh that's a tough one. The atmosphere, maybe. The weather. The beautiful colors. There's a lot to love about this season, and I seem to enjoy it more every year. :)
--------------------------

Thanks again to ghost ryter for thinking of me here, and if this is a tag that you think you'd like to participate in, then feel free to go ahead and write up a post of your own!

4 comments:

  1. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are all awesome - they satisfy different taste cravings you have, if that makes any sense. Coffee is like, "I want something to wake me up," tea is like, "I want something to calm me down", and hot chocolate is like "I want something sweet".
    *assists you in your protective wall*
    I actually don't like pumpkin-flavored things - which is ultra weird, considering I used to LOVE them. When it comes to pumpkin pie, I think it's because the texture throws me off. But I have literally no good excuse as to why I don't like pumpkin bars, etc. Pumpkin pancakes from Trader Joe's can be all right, though.
    Mashed taters and gravy are the best. I also love buttermilk biscuits :)
    COMBAT BOOOTS YESSSS.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's a great way to put it. I think all three options have their perks, and they're just too good to pick only one. There are some really interesting flavors of hot chocolate that I've discovered recently, too - mint, raspberry, mocha, etc. Oh my goodness, so tasty!

      Thank you, now I'm sure to be safe from the angry mob of bacon-lovers lol!

      Everyone's tastes change, I suppose. I can understand the texture - it's an odd one, for sure. Not related to pumpkin things, but I have the same problem with, for instance, eggs. Love the taste of an omelet, but I can't get past the rubbery feel.

      What are these pumpkin bars you speak of?! Never heard that name before. Mmm, yes, biscuits! Always forget about those things.

      Thanks so much for stopping by, Ellie! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I thought it was a fun one. :) Love seasonal things like this!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!